Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Whats going on with Reasoning With The Unreasonable?

Hey everyone,

As you may have noticed, there hasn't been a new blog post lately about my discussions with the religious.  The reason for this absence is that I've been spending my normal blog time working on a book-length text instead.  My uncle Steve Bly, who wrote Christian western novels and devotionals, recently passed away and that's sort of got me motivated to do something on a bigger scale than just a blog and try to get our family to be associated with more than just Christianity in the literary world.

Unfortunately that means I may not have many regular blog posts for some time.  I'm currently on page 30 of my text and moving along solidly, if slowly.  As a little taste of what's to come, and here's some of the headings I came up with while outlining my ideas:

The Great Disconnect

The Invisible Dangling Carrot

God's Ambiguity

Broken Mythology, or, Christian Plot Holes

Self-Serving and Contradictory Beliefs

Existence, or, How To Make An Unfounded Leap In Logic

How To Be All-Powerful And Upset: An Exercise In Contradictions

Just Outright Fucking Absurdities


Forcing Iron Age Ideals Into Modern Situations

Morality


That's all for now, hopefully I'll have more news in the not too distant future!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like "How to be All-Powerful and Upset." I've written on that topic before. I still can't figure out how Christians reconcile these contradictions, except to ignore them entirely and pretend they don't exist.