Monday, June 30, 2008

Rikki's Pizza and Pasta

Just a few blocks away from my house is a cute little pizzeria and bar called Rikki's Pizza and Pasta. It moved in when McKenzie River Pizza moved out, and in all that intervening time I never gave the restaurant much thought. I recently gave it a shot with my wife for lunch and found that it has some very interesting items on the menu that I've been missing out on. It was a little early in the day for beer, so unfortunately I can't comment on the alcohol options, but the food was great. There is an entire post below about their take on artichoke dip. They also have other appetizers that I'll have to try some time, like what they call "dry ribs" which are basically bite sized ribs in a spicy seasoning, as well as a lobster dish.

It was tough picking out my meal because there were so many good things to choose from. The salads all sounded amazing and used ingredients that the standard restaurant would never think to throw in. Even the normally hum drum sandwiches all had a twist that drew my attention. In the end I settled on the Angry Lobster Pasta. It's a tomato based pasta but done extra spicy, with asparagus and lobster cooked in. The word "magnificent" only just about covers it. Megan had Florentine Ravioli, which also definitely a winner.

No comments: